Friday, July 26, 2013

More progress...

I got a few more pages done on my current short story project. Some of this is extraneous and will end up being cut back out, but at the moment I'm up to five pages.

On the one hand, I can't believe it's taking me this long to finish something so comparatively brief. There was time when short story of six or eight pages would have taken me two nights - three at most.

On the other hand, I can't believe I'm still making progress on it. The last time I tried to put together a short story for an anthology, I was immediately inundated with other things that needed doing, plus a sinus infection for good measure. So I'm still kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I've also had some ideas for other, related stories - so if I don't manage to get this one into an anthology, I may do an anthology of my own. (Which, y'know, I've been meaning to do anyway... but, again, the last time I tried the world fell on my head.)

So... no big achievement, yet, but no real failure, either. And however it happens, I can't wait to introduce you all to Andy... and the peculiar turn her life has suddenly taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!