Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Sartorial Speed of Sheep

"Okay, Firstborn," I said, "You need to get dressed."

"He's already wearing shorts and a shirt," my wife pointed out. She was right; he was sitting on the floor of his room, wearing shorts and a shirt, and playing with his Minecraft toys.

"Yes," I said, "but those are the same clothes he was wearing at school yesterday... and while he was helping my change your tire last night. He needs something clean." (Last night was a bit... busy.)

"Oh," said the Beautiful Woman.

"Change your clothes, Firstborn," I finished. I waited for a few moments, then added: "Did you hear me?"

Firstborn reached for the Minecraft sheep figurine and picked it up.

My wife reiterated: "Firstborn, did you hear your--"

"Oka-a-a-a-a-y" baa-ed the sheep.

I blinked. "Child, if I get out of the shower and find that the sheep is dressed for school and you aren't... rocks fall, everybody dies."

I swear, the things I never could have imagined myself saying before I became a parent...

Fortunately, both the sheep and Firstborn himself were dressed and ready to go when I got out of the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!