Monday, October 3, 2016

The Dig

It wasn't just that the archaeological dig had released some sort of disease.

It wasn't just that the disease turned people into bloodthirsty cannibals.

It wasn't just that the infected were being kept in a special home, where their behavior was controlled with a combination of medications and behavioral modification techniques.

It was the fact that the staff were infected also, and sooner or later they were going to stop restraining themselves and the whole thing was going to break open.

2 comments:

  1. This should totally become a short story or something. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dig it.

    ... I'll just show myself out ...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!