Thursday, February 1, 2018

Ugh. So much ugh.

So Beautiful Wife and I went to the doctor Tuesday, because we both felt horrible. And the doctor swabbed us for Strep Throat, looked us over, and told us that she was pretty sure we both had Flu B.

Tuesday night, Secondborn was complaining of a headache, but he went to bed easily enough. Wednesday morning, he complained of a sore throat and had a very slight fever - so we kept him home and took him to the pediatrician. The pediatrician swabbed him and promptly diagnosed him with Strep, but not flu.

Basically, we're a plague ward. Beautiful Wife and I are on Tamiflu and antibiotics both, while Secondborn is just on antibiotics. Firstborn says he doesn't feel bad at all, just a little bit tired - but Wednesday morning I almost couldn't get him to wake up. I don't know if that means he just stayed up too late, or if he's coming down with something too, but it doesn't bode well either way.

We'll see how today goes. I'm going to try to go in to work, because we're right at the culmination of a rather large project (and waiting to take the next step on a second large project), but I may make it a half day. (I've done a little work from home, but there's only so much I can do with the resources I have here.) And I'll sit in my little cubicle in the back of the locked-off server room and communicate exclusively by email and phone, and sterilize everything. Beautiful Wife and Secondborn will both be home today, and Firstborn... well, that depends on how he was doing when we woke up this morning, but he's probably at school. (I'm writing this in advance, hence the time-traveler syntax.)

TL/DR: Ugh.

1 comment:

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!